Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Things I am Learning about Campus Living

In a sense, I am glad that I am living at a university very close to home, because I can hop on the light rail train, get on a bus and go home if I need to. The original choice of school that I was gonna go to last year was hours away...now I am thinking that I was being very irrational and silly about that. Maybe this is my silver lining.

But here are some things I am learning about living on campus:

  1. Living with strangers is not so great if you are typically anti-social. I have 3 roommates, each of whom are stuck up. They often accuse me of things because lets face it, they can get away with it. I am the odd girl out, I stick out like a sore thumb. I am their perfect Fall Girl.
  2. If you can live in your own dorm/apartment or have minimal roommates, GO FOR IT. The more roommates you have, the more drama.
  3. I have learned lessons such as: Never take sides, it will work against you. You truly can't please others and its not worth trying since some people really don't want to be pleased because they don't like you. I have found that I need God. I have no one to really turn to and what I am going through in this dorm is pure hell.

0 comments: