Thursday, December 24, 2009

My own movie grading system

How many people actually care what the critics have to say about a movie? I mean, as much as they try to make it sound like critiquing a movie is all rooted in professionalism, for the most part its just pure opinion based.

I usually say that the amount a movie makes is far more important than what some critic says....

But even then, should money matter???

I never watch award ceremonies...its not interesting...it annoys me when the lamest movies get awards and the best don't get recognized...I couldn't believe it when that bollywood movie got best picture...it had no qualities of a even a remotely average to good picture.

I tend to despise a movie when it gets overhyped...thats why I don't care for twilight or high school musical....people got carried away with sub par movies.

I have my own grading system for movies. Its a pretty simple system in fact. I determine a movie's greatness by how much I personally enjoyed it.

For me, a great movie is something I'd want to watch again, and would want to own. An average movie is something I'd want to watch again but not necessarily want or have to own....A bad movie is something I would never care to see ever again.

I watch movies for pure enjoyment, to get away from this depressing world...it angers some out there to be the type to watch movies only for entertainment. There are people who believe one should watch it for its cinematic magic.

I don't get why it matters with some people to only like movies that are successful.

Sometimes the best movies are those that are least popular financially and critically.

We all have our own opinions, so how about using them?

0 comments: