Thursday, December 24, 2009

Disco

Sometimes I am glad to have been born in 1989. Mainly because you can walk around in 2009 liking disco music and not get shunned for it. Sure some people will give you a blank face, and at worst be shocked when you say that you don't listen to rap and do not know any of the singers they are speaking of....

It must have sucked for those who liked disco music in the 1970s, with the crazy rock fans who were so jealous that good music was replacing garbage that they had it destroyed.

I like 50s and 60s music...but when the British invasion happened, the rest of the 60s and the 70s began to suck. It was only by the graces of Disco was music saved.

I can barely name a rock song of the 70s that actually was good....but i could name a handful of disco songs that are great.

But I do think the disco dress style was horrible...but that isn't saying much since I despise the entire wardrobe of the 1970s (I much prefer the 1950s clean cut look).

I pretty much hate everything that the 1970s stand for....as much as I am for liberal ideology, I hated the demoralization of society....

But anyways, disco will always be better than rock.

0 comments: