Friday, October 2, 2009

QnA Refugees

I was a former user of the website QnA. Then it shutdown in May. People rushed over to the newly created website QnA Refugees, created by a member of the QnA community. I had no part in it. I checked out the site as a visitor, not as a member, and I saw there, the problems that plagued QnA...which was a bunch uneducated, whiny rude and ignorant hypocritical people.

I knew then, that I would never join that site.

I returned to Y!A (having been there BEFORE QnA)...but recently about 3 months ago, I decided to end my 2 year run there as I grew a great disdain for that site as it was now a meeting and breeding ground for racist morons.

I realized that all Question and Answer sites were full of uneducated people, and most importantly these were all people that had nothing to do with their life so the lived it on these websites. As I live my life, I realize that these people are still living theirs through such worthless websites.

These sites breed and foster hatred and ignorance. They are where the lowliest of people go to kill 8 hours a day.

I feel no shame in saying this now. I have cut off all communications recently with everyone from QnA. Two other users I got along greatly with, had done the same thing about 2 or so months earlier. I couldn't blame there. There was no point anymore. Why keep a bunch of "friends" you don't know on your Live Space page when you do not speak to them nor care for anything related to QnA anymore?

While everyone spends their time at QnA Refugees, I spend my time on Facebook and also doing my homework and living my life the best way I can.

I decided to cut out that part of me who communicated to strangers on websites like Y!A and QnA. There was nothing there but idiots who lived on a high horse.

The internet life only serves to make you angry at some point. At first it seems like the solution to a boring life, but then the anger sets in, as people start being stupid online everywhere you go, mimicking real life...you realize you can't escape it either way...at that point, it seems better to live life by actually doing something besides going on the internet, for at least once a week.

In the end, I left that world behind. I abandoned even the good people that made the time I did have at QnA worthwhile...but I wasn't the only one...and for me, as a young person, it seems pointless to be attached to strangers...a cold person I may sound...but rational and logical I am being.

I just checked back to this article months after posting it and noticed an annoying troll commented on here. I have never had an account with that stupid website (which I think is non-existent now anyways). When I say visitor I mean as someone who was looking at the website as if they were looking at an item without buying it.

0 comments: