Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hobbies and Careers.

Many say that one should do what they love as a career. It definitely makes you want to get up in the morning. Most of us can not do what we love as a career, most of us know we many not have the talent to make a career out of it, or it may just be too big of a step, too risky.

But one should question, if one should take their hobbies and make careers out of them. There are two types of people when it comes to hobbies.

1. The One Main Hobby person- This person has one central hobby, if not their only hobby. This type of person only likes one thing, its their life, their joy, their soul. They put alot of work and effort into this hobby.

2. The Multiple Hobby person- This type of person has multiple hobbies, sometimes they get bored with one and move on to the next and just keep doing this until they are back to the first hobby again. They are not as committed to their hobbies and its more of a passing time or relaxing thing for them.

When making a career out of your hobbies, #1 has to look out for the possibility of becoming overwhelmed or growing to hate their hobby. Only having one hobby can make it hard to relax and find something else, because their career is their hobby, and sometimes your career can make you hate your hobby.

For #2, their problem is finding which hobby to make a career out of. Figuring out which one they love...or figuring out if they want to even make a career out of their hobby.

I myself have multiple hobbies. I like to write poetry (dark poetry), I like to look at art, and other poems. I like to find out about history stuff. I am interested in space, airplanes, museums. I am like photography. I like to draw clothes (I used to want to be a fashion designer), I like trains. I am someone who likes to have knowledge about things. I like to watch documentaries. I like to read. I like to listen to New Age and classical music.

Having multiple hobbies can be good, you always have something to go to when you get bored with one. Yet the only problem is you are not as committed.

0 comments: