Saturday, October 10, 2009

Love...lets be real.

You always here lines like "there is someone for everyone" and "love will happen when you least expect it". But lets be real...there isn't someone for everyone, and it probably won't happen when you least expect it.

I used to, and sometimes still do, find those stories of people who would be talking to a guy, and little did they know that guy would turn out to be their husband years later. Who didn't like those kind of stories? It definitely made you feel better when guys were not lining up to ask you out.

But I realized something, those who are single for the longest, and are not asked out or complimented by guys, see love in a realistic way.

I have never been in an a relationship. I have been asked out, but I didn't return the feelings. The guys I am into, do not return the feelings. At age 20, I have decided to give up on the idea of love. I know my situation more than anyone, and for me, I think its less painful to accept my fate that I will never fall in love or be married.

People who have been in relationships several times always tell me that it will happen someday...but they fail to realize our situations are different. Its easy to think that, when its constantly happening to you...

Its not normal to be 20 and never been kissed...

There are 3 types of girls when it comes to lack of love.

1. the girl who never gives up hope, but is always let down in the end.
2. the girl who is so desperate for love that she will accept anything as long as its someone, even if they are not good to her, or right for her.
3. the girl who gives up and learns to enjoy life alone, accepting their depressing but ultimate fate.

You can't make someone like you. You can't change things. Love may or may not happen to you. Do I think there is a guy that is perfect for someone out there? Yes, only that doesn't mean you will meet them, or that they will return the feelings. We all find that perfect match...that guy that is everything you look for...People say there is someone for everyone...yet they never tell you that you may never meet this person...

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if love is even real...it seems like those in love, have lost their mind. People in love follow their heart rather than logic and end up hurt because of it. Love probably isn't real.

The pain of never experiencing love will never go away...some pains cannot be destroyed. But one can learn to live with those pains. Divorces and broken hearts, sometimes remind me of how lucky I am that I will never have to experience or deal with love. Thinking about all the bad things about love help me deal with the fact that love won't happen.

0 comments: