Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Barbies, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.

In this day and age, people are less into the whole "scouting" thing and the barbies. Today's society is all about video games.

People have marked boy scouts as horrible for having a "don't ask don't tell" type of policy (not strictly just directed at gays but atheists and etc too). The Girl Scouts are criticized for not being strict enough. Unlike the Boy Scouts, they feel its better to let individual chapters within Girl Scouts, make their own policies, and have fewer universal policies. But also, Girl Scouts can't discriminate for they use gov't funds, unlike the Boy Scouts.

I was a Girl Scout for 2 years, I didn't like it, I went to the church chapter rather than the chapter at my school, because of this I could not be with my friends. I only talked to the girls at church on Sundays and was not friends with any of them.

Its weird, I myself did not like them, but I am so for the ritual of sending your kids into the scouts. I am not a mother, but if I were to ever become one someday, I think I would want my sons and daughters to be apart of the scouting tradition.

I don't understand why they are so hated. I mean they aren't the only type of scouting out there, let alone the only kind of activity they can be a part of. I would want my kid to do little league also because baseball is awesome.

I am one of those girls who is all for the All American childhood.

I am a Barbie supporter. I played with Barbies religiously growing up. And if I had a daughter, I would want her to play with them. There are so many criticisms, such as the race issue (not looking racially realistic for those of color), and then the fact that Barbie herself does not look realistic, and that she is sooo intruding on feminism etc.

I am not a feminist. I do not believe women should be allowed in the army (other than for secretarial or nursing positions). I am not a traditional woman either...I believe women should be able to work but they do have house duties to maintain also.

Today's society is just horrible, no one has morals, people are loose and have no respect. People are just lunatics.

We are a society that shuns all good things for the bad things. Everyone finds a case about something all the time, just wayyy too much.

People are worried that Barbie conveys a negative image, but yet the let the media get away with conveying negative images all the time.

0 comments: