Saturday, September 26, 2009

Is prayer in school wrong? What about God and Public property?

These are tough waters...

America is a Christian country...founded by people with Christian views (albeit very bad interpretations of the Bible).

Do I believe prayer in school should happen? Only by choice is my answer. I do not feel it should be forced or required. UNLESS, one attends a private Christian school...

I am not against the boy scouts requiring prayer or banning gays...it is a private group...girl scouts would do the very same if not for the fact that they use gov't funds.

But to me, if you go to a private school, you are essentially agreeing to things on their terms...you don't have to go there.

Public school though, that is different.

But there is something that annoys me...and that is how people have a cow over images of God or things from the Bible on public places.

Seriously...what is wrong with that??? If a court wants to show the 10 Commandments, what is wrong with that? I mean don't they have you swear on the Bible anyways?

I mean, how is it offensive to see an image of God or something? I mean America is a Christian country...if you hate it, then go.

If muslims and other religions can post their stuff everywhere, then so should the Christians.

I just don't see how the presence of the ten commandments can cause such a problem for some people...it sounds like a case of trying to force others to view things your way...or being overly sensitive.

isn't the fact that "happy holidays" has replaced "merry christmas", good enough????

0 comments: